One of the necessary but somewhat frustrating that new parents talk about is burping their baby. It raises all sorts of questions including how to burp a baby in a healthy manner.
Burping a baby in a healthy manner raises questions like how to when to what if there is no burp how hard do you pat and so forth.
So in this post we are going to tell you to about how to burp a newborn also this post will cover burping techniques.
How To Burp a Baby While Feeding or During Sleep In a Healthy Manner?
Burping your baby isn’t always easy actually many new parents consider it a challenge.
We are going to demonstrate to burping techniques over the shoulder and on the lap.
So if you want to know that how to burp a baby in a healthy manner then just stick with this post until the end.
Reason To Burp a Baby
People also ask why it is necessary to burp your baby.
Well, there are many reasons to burp your baby in a healthy manner. Here are some of the important one.
● Release Gas(Air taken in during feeding): Remember that the reason you burp your baby is to release gas. This is the air that the baby may have taken in during feeding.
● Babies feel better after Burping: Babies feel better after burping. And this is one of the most important reasons why you should burp your baby.
● Stimulates the baby: Burping also helps the baby to stimulate them and The activity helps stimulate the baby too.
Learning About Burping
Before you know about how to burp a baby technique you must know about burping and learn what are the limitations of burping.
- Breastfeed babies tend to burp less: Keep in mind that the breast fed babies burp less just because they take in less air than a bottle fed babies.
- Sometimes babies don’t burp: Sometimes Babies don’t burp at all which is perfectly normal for new born baby and other babies. So in that case you don’t need to be worry about it is completely natural.
- Burp for about a minute then continue feeding: Burp your baby for a minute and then continue feeding. This technique also helps superb those babies who have never burped.
- If baby is crying try standing, rocking, or talking: If your baby is crying then try standing him or talk to your baby also you can try rocking your baby. Maybe talking to your baby also helps to stop them crying by distracting them.
Best Burping Technique
Here we are going to tell you about two best burping techniques which may help your baby to burp easily in a healthy manner. So, this read and learn the process of how to burp baby which given below.
One is the over shoulder technique and the second is on the lap technique. Both the techniques are best in their way.
Over the shoulder technique
For the over the shoulder technique you can either do this sitting or standing. Try them both out and see which works best for you and your baby or you can alternate sitting and standing.
To start, hold the baby up on your chest so the baby is facing toward you with your arm tucked under the baby’s bottom. For support you’ll want to put a burping cloth over your shoulder. In case the baby spits up use your dominant hand to gently but firmly pat your baby’s back between the shoulders working your way up and down.
You can also rub the baby’s back. After several paths, after a while you’ll get to know your baby.
You’ll learn what seems to work best.
On the lap technique
Second technique is where your baby is sitting on your lap placing a burp cloth on your leg. You can use either leg with the baby facing either way. Notice that one open hand is holding the baby’s jaw. The forefinger and thumb are used as a sort of wedge with the palm supporting the chest.
Using firm but gentle pressure tilt and support the baby’s head up a little.
How Often to Burp a Baby?
One common question parents ask is how often to Burp their baby during a feeding. During a feeding we recommend burping your baby after the baby feeds with each breast but if you have expressed your breast milk and someone else is feeding the baby.
Try halfway through again after the feeding. You may notice that if your starts to fuss while feeding may indicate the need to burp.
Be patient as you learn what your baby needs and likes burping your baby is another activity that gives you hands-on contact as you touch hold and talk with your baby.
All of this adds to the bonding experience as you gain experience burping your baby will also be a confidence booster for you.
Things To Remember To Understand How To Burp a Baby
At first, it may seem a little awkward but after some practice, it will be second nature.
Remember that there is nothing wrong if the baby doesn’t burp every time after having a meal and if the spits up, just wipe and continue.
Again use your dominant hand to gently but firmly pat your baby’s back between the shoulders working your way up and down.
As we mentioned you can also rub the baby’s back after several paths.
If you reach this section then I think you read this article carefully & now you are fully ready to understand how to burp a baby. Keep in mind that it is very important for baby health and that’s why the proper process is very essential.
So, if you think this article provides you with complete information about how to burp a baby then do not forget to share this article and if possible then leave your valuable comment below.